Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Service!

Hi Everyone!
 This last week has all-in-all been pretty good. Last Monday we went and just did some shopping and looking-around in central Stockholm, which was pretty cool. I had a coupon for a clothing store, so I bought a new suit (which I don't think I actually have pictures of yet, but I will soon!). And  apparently on the day that I bought it they were having a deal where I could buy a shirt for half price with a suit. Maybe it was just some sort of marketing trick, but I did it anyways, so now I have a reasonably nice suit and a pretty nice shirt to wear with it. It's pretty snazzy, I'd say. 
  Anyways, on Tuesday we had the chance to do a service project at the Västerhaninge Temple, which was really cool. We essentially planted flowers in the planters around the temple. It took quite a while, but it ended up looking rather nice. And it was good to be able to do some service and have something different to do. I enjoyed it.
  The week generally continued like normal. Our apartment has a balcony-type thing on the top floor that people can use whenever, so on Wednesday we ended up having district meeting on top of the building. We also have a small grill up there, so we barbecued some hotdogs to eat. It was pretty cool. Probably the coolest place I've had a district meeting, anyways.
  On Saturday we were making our usual morning preparations and studies when we got a call at about 8:30 from the other Elders asking if we could help "move some things" at one of the member family's homes in Huddinge as soon as we could get there. It was kind of funny, but when we finally got out there (at about 9:15 or so), we found out that they wanted some help trimming the hedge at their house. And, after a little while, we were asked if we could help with some other things around the yard. I ended up helping them with their compost pile, which was actually pretty fun. I moved a lot of dirt (and other stuff) around, and then moved a giant pile of dirt on top of that dirt. Pretty cool. It was actually all-in-all a pretty good time, and the family, the L's, are super nice. It was good.
  Anyways, after we were done, we ran home, ran back out to Västerhaninge, had dinner at a member's house (the C's, I think), and then headed to the church there to watch conference! All in all, I really enjoyed the meetings. I really liked a lot of the speakers from the first session. It seems like a lot of people focused on sort of staying true to our testimonies and trying to help the poor and others. I'm sure there were other themes, but those were two that I noticed. All in all, though, I really enjoyed the conference.
  Hope you all have a great week!
 
                                                  View from our rooftop district meeting
                                                   Some sort of outdoor restroom
                                                                       Eli + rocks
                                                Gardens at the Stockholm Temple

No comments:

Post a Comment