Tuesday, July 30, 2013

6 Months

Hey Everyone!
  Things have been going pretty well here in Växjö. We've been trying to meet with our investigators and branch members, and things have been going pretty well with them. I apparently didn't mention in my last letter, but the branch member who was sick is now feeling better. He was apparently extremely sleep deprived, and he got some help from the hospital, so he's feeling a lot better now (his sleep schedule is now back to normal). So everything is well on that front. 
  In other news, this week we had a more-or-less surprise visit from the mission president! That was pretty fun! We learned late Wednesday evening (right before going to bed) that President Newell was going to be coming by to visit us at 8 the following morning. Quite exciting! It went well, though. We tried to tidy up the apartment a bit the following morning, and he came and interviewed us, looked in our area book, etc. From what I've heard, he's been sort of going around the mission visiting the missionaries and seeing how things are going in the different areas. So that was pretty exciting.
 
  Then, just later that day, we went over to Kristianstad for zone training! We went, listened to an excellent presentation from our zone leaders, and were able to meet with the missionaries in the Helsingborg zone. It was all very good. It was kind of interesting being with all of the missionaries because in part they aren't the missionaries I've gotten used to seeing at zone meetings in Norrland, and also because some of them are missionaries who came to Sweden with me, but who I haven't really seen since the MTC. It was quite cool being able to meet with them, though. 
 
  Aside from that, things are going well! We're trying to continue with the work here in Växjö. It is, admittedly, a bit slower than the work in Luleå, but it's been good. We've been trying to work with old investigators and the branch members, and things have been going pretty well with that. We were able to do some service for one of the branch members, Peter, this week, (we loaded a bunch of old furniture and boxes and the like into a van and helped get it to the recycling center) and we've enjoyed trying to get to know the other Saints here. 
  Also, I suppose that I hit my six month mark this week. It's kind of weird to think that I've been out here for six months now (wearing a white shirt and tie just about every day for half a year!) Overall, I think it's been a good half a year, though. I feel like I've gotten to know a lot of people, more-or-less learn a new language, and help a lot of people. It's been good, and I'm looking forward to seeing what's in store for the next year and a half.
 
  Love you guys a lot! 
    Eli

No comments:

Post a Comment