Saturday, July 6, 2013

Branch Conference

Hey, everybody!
  The last week has been pretty interesting. We've had several good lessons, and several of our investigators are moving along (some more quickly than others, though). In particular, one of our investigators, F, was interviewed on Friday by President Newell and was given permission to be baptized in about a week and a half, on the 13th of July! He's tried very hard to stop smoking (as well as a few other issues with the Word of Wisdom), and he's managed to stop and has a strong desire to begin a new life. Everyone here is very excited for the new steps he is making.
  Which, in a way, leads me to the second interesting thing this week: I received news that I'm going to be transferred on the 10th of July. Unfortunately, this is three days before the scheduled baptism, so I won't be able to be present for it, but I'm looking forward to going to wherever I may be going next. I don't yet know what my new area will be, though I'll be receiving word about it on Saturday. Though I'll be sad to miss F's baptismal service, I trust that I'll be sent to where the Lord needs me at that time.
  In other news, this week we had the opportunity of having President Newell (our mission president) visiting the Luleå area for Branch Conference. It was overall very good having him here; he was able to help on two of our lessons (though one was in Swedish, so he didn't say too much), and he also gave some good advice for the area and for the people here. We spent quite a bit of time yesterday discussing the area with him. One thing that he recommended, in the mission and in other aspects of life, was trying to come up with some sort of a vision or an idea for how something could be, set a plan to follow it, and then try to execute the plan in faith that the Lord will help. I'm looking forward to trying to help the Luleå area while I'm here and trying to help my next area, as well.
  I can't think of anything else that is notably interesting this week. Overall, it's been a very good week, and I feel that the Lord has been helping the work here. It's good to be here and be helping people come to Christ. 
  Love you all!
    Eli
PS: Sorry if I don't respond to your emails today! We're planning on trying to go to Jokkmokk for my last p day here (next week will largely just be packing). Love you all; I'll try to write more to you guys next week! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment