Thursday, June 5, 2014

June!

Hi everybody!
  Things have been going well here. 
  Honestly, this week has been fairly routine (and I suppose most weeks are). Though there have been a few interesting happenings. One is that we've been asked to make American pancakes for the youth in the ward this Wednesday (I think it's sort of an after seminary breakfast). Of course, that hasn't happened yet, but I made some pancakes this morning using the ihop recipe that we used to have, and they tasted absolutely amazing. I got to say that I'm pretty dang happy that I actually had good American pancakes. I tried making a batch with Elder Corbin a few weeks ago from the mission cookbook, and they tasted pretty awful. As in, they were arguably some of the worst pancakes I've had, so I'm glad these ones turned out well. The youth should be impressed in a few days.
  In other news, one of the families here had a son return home from his mission this week. It seems all in all pretty cool that he's back.
The Days are getting longer. We don't have "blackout" curtains (I think), but the ones we have a pretty good and it's dark enough to sleep when they're drawn. I'm far enough South that it's not really light after 9:30 or 10 or so, so sleeping isn't bad yet (well, it wasn't ever bad last year, either).
  My companion and I do some fun stuff together. Occasionally we play cards as a district before district meetings and on p Days, and Elder Martinsson and I have Pokemon cards, so we sometimes play that in the evenings.
 It is definitely time for a haircut. I've been telling myself that for a few weeks, but we just got this months money, so I'm going to try to buy some clippers or something. Barbers are kind of expensive. They're not too bad here in Southern Sweden, but I think it'd be cool to learn to cut it myself. Then I save money here and at home.
  Things have really been pretty good here, overall. We've had a few good lessons, had a nice dinner with some of Elder Martinsson's relatives at the O's residence (apparently he's from Sweden originally and moved to the States when he was young, so he has some family here.), and things have, overall, been quite good. I hope all is well for you back home!
 
                                                 The Elders in the Helsingborg Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment