Monday, June 16, 2014

Mid June

Hey Everybody!
  I'm glad to hear that things are generally going well back home. Things are going well here. All in all, this week has been fairly ordinary; We've done a lot of contacting and tracting and it's been going well.
  Last Monday we actually decided to go bowling for p day. That was a lot of fun! There's a fairly nice bowling Alley here in Landskrona, so we went and did an hour of bowling. I wasn't very good because I'm a bit out of practice, but it was still good fun. And my first game was actually pretty decent (I don't remember my score, though... I think it was around 120 or something). I think when I get back to the Y, I may try to find some time to just go bowling during the week. It's fun and (if I remember right) fairly cheap at BYU.
  On Tuesday we were on our way home from our open Church time when we got a call from the Young Mens leader asking if we could come to a home teaching activity that evening. It's good he called when he did because we were on the platform waiting for the train, but he came and picked us up and gave us a ride to one of the member's house (an elderly guy who's name I don't really remember) and we sort of hopped out with one of the Young men, S, and tried to figure out what we want to give for a message. We sort of improvised a lesson about family history work and temple work and such (which ended up being pretty good, you get pretty good at improvising lessons on a mission), and then we read a little in the Bible (because he likes the Bible). Either way, it all turned out pretty good and was a kind of funny last minute thing.
  On Saturday we got a call out of the blue from one of the members here who said that he met someone on the train that wanted to meet us. It was kind of a surprise for us, but we certainly wouldn't complain about a chance to meet and teach someone new, so we found ourselves over at the M's house talking with this guy (who's name I also don't remember... I'm still really bad with names) from South Africa. He was really nice, although seemed very insistent that the most important thing that we have is faith in Christ. Which is absolutely true, but faith needs to be followed by action and prayer and such, and baptism by proper authority.  I hope we can meet him again, but he's going out of town for a while and I think will talk to the M's again when he gets back.
  Either way, I hope all is going well with you guys.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment