Tuesday, August 19, 2014

21

Hi Everyone!
  I hope everything is going well with everybody. This week has been pretty good here. I suppose first off, and this probably goes without saying, but it was my birthday this last Saturday. Thanks to everyone for the birthday well-wishes and whatnot. The rest of the week has all-in-all been pretty good.
  On Monday we had the chance to go to Malmö for p-day. I don't really remember if I talked about this last week or not, so I'll make this brief. We got to go and generally sight see around the city. We went to the Turning Torso, which is a somewhat well-known sky scraper there, and we also went to a nice coast line neighborhood (apparently one of the most expensive neighborhoods in Sweden, it was very nice), and also some soccer player's former house (Zlatan or something. I dunno). It was fun.
  Lets see... A lot of the rest of the week was really pretty straight forward. I suppose one pretty cool thing that has happened was that we have had the chance to start teaching this Albanian guy named N. We contacted him last week and at first there was some confusion because he doesn't really speak Swedish, but we found soon that he actually spoke pretty good English (not amazing, but pretty good). This week we have been able to teach him a couple of times, and he seems very receptive to the message. It's been good, and we're looking forward to working with him.
  And then Saturday I had the birthday! It was pretty good; in the morning we taught N and then shortly after that A threw me a "surprise" birthday party (it's kind of hard to keep it a surprise when you're joined at the hip with one of the conspirators). She and her son S gave me a little "animated" Star Wars book (the pictures change as you turn the pages) and a box of lollipops. It was pretty funny. And very nice of them. Anyways, that evening we went to a wedding reception for a recently-married ward member, and that was all-in-all very enjoyable. We listened to a few words from the Bishop, ate some food, watched a few videos from their families and then had cake (it was kind of like having birthday cake, except there was a lot more of it). It was pretty fun.
Sorry if there is some stuff I've been forgetting to mention. I sometimes kind of forget who I say what to and whatnot. But yeah, A is coming to America, and she is planning on being baptized. We had the baptismal interview this last Friday, so she's all squared away for it! Exciting! I hope some of my Utah family will be able to be there for it. They are invited.
You asked about my companion. Yeah, my companion does have a British accent. It's not quite as strong as some of the other British accents I've heard, but he's definitely a Brit. He does kind of speak Swedish with a British accent, though I think it's harder to hear than when he speaks English. And, I guess while I'm at it, I feel like my companion and I do have some commonalities. We both enjoy having fun, and I feel like we both really want to help the people here. I think one of the best things I could learn from him is from his dedication to do good work and work hard while still having fun. It feels like it can sometimes be a hard balance to strike
  Anyways, I hope everything is good with you guys! Hope you have a great week!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment