Sunday, August 10, 2014

Contacting Day

Hey Everybody!
  Glad to hear things are going well with you guys! It sounds like everyone's having a good time in Utah! I wish I could be there to join you all, but it's okay. It's good being here too.
  This week has been good. It's been somewhat more ordinary than the last two or so have been, but it's all in all been good.
  On Tuesday we had open church and such, though we were visited by President Beckstrand, who came on Tuesday to give a fireside to the ward. He was honestly kind of busy with preparing for the fireside, but Sister Beckstrand joined us for the district meeting and a lesson later on, and we got to have interviews with President. All in all, it all went well. They seem like a really cool mission president and wife; it should be good having them here for the next few months. And they gave a good fireside about missionary work and talking about themselves; I think the ward members really enjoyed it.
  On Wednesday we had a bit of a bet with the other missionaries on who could contact the most people, so, after studies and whatnot in the morning, we went out for a long day of contacting. We did try swingning by some people, and we had a lesson with a less active couple in the evening, but aside from that we didn't have that much else to do, so we contacted a lot of people (I think in the end we had talked to about 250 people; needless to say we won the bet). By the end of it, though, I felt pretty dang exausted. I suppose it was good, though, we found a few good potential investigators who we'll hopefully be able to meet during the week.
  Lets see... The rest of the week was fairly ordinary. One kind of cool happening was on Sunday, when I made sushi for dinner. It was really good! The first roll I made was kind of ugly and didn't cut very well, but the second roll looked really good, and they both tasted good, too, which is a plus. I've been trying to make a few new foods recently (I cooked doughnuts last week and earlier this week and I'll be trying to perfect those and the sushi probably next week). Cooking and trying new stuff is fun.
  Anyways, I hope all is well with you guys!
  Eli

No comments:

Post a Comment