Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Big Apple

Hey Guys!
  This week has been pretty good. Lets see... Last Monday we went to Imporium, which is a really big mall in Malmö. It was okay; there were a lot of clothing stores and such. It was pretty interesting at first, but after a little while I got kind of tired of it. But we had a good time with the Sisters and the Elders in our district. Then on Tuesday we had open church and taught a few lessons. We also had lunch at a Filipino family's house (well, the wife is Filipino and the husband is Swedish), which was fun. Aaaand then on Wednesday we had transfers, and I was sent to Hägersten in Stockholm! Yay! I guess! But I had a nice little train ride to Stockholm from Skåne, but now I'm here! There are 4 elders in our ward. Geographically it's relatively small area for a ward; we just take a subway line around. We just started teaching someone named R who seems pretty positive.
  So things have been kind of busy since I got here. I pretty much got into town, dropped off my bags, and then went to M, one of the members, house for dinner. It was good; we talked for a while with her and a senior couple who just stopped in. She's super nice and really wants to help people, which is cool. Anyways, I've actually ended up having dinner at member's houses most of the days I've been here, which has been really nice, though apparently somewhat unusual. The food's been good, though! 
  Anyways, the next day we had district meeting and then we went on exchanges with the district leader, Elder Steen. Well, I went with his companion, Elder Kapp. It was good; we tried to visit some people, contacted some people, and then ate dinner at another member's house (who's name I don't remember right now... But they're from Lithuania, I think). Sort of just missionary work as usual, with food. I just thought it was kind of funny that I went on exchanges when I hadn't even fully unpacked yet. Or even very much unpacked. 
  The rest of the week has good. Church on Sunday went well. We ended up teaching Young Womens as well as Priesthood and Relief Society (though we admittedly had planned on giving a presentation on member missionary work in the combined Priesthood and RS meeting). Kind of a busy day, but all in all good. We also discovered that taco spices in mashed potatoes tastes a lot like chili. Who knew?
Also, the weather's good. It's probably in the 60's or 70's (whatever 20 Celsius is in Fahrenheit) and it's been sunny, so it's been fairly comfortable.
  Anyways, I hope all is well with you guys!
 


                                                          Scenes from a Malmo Mall

No comments:

Post a Comment