Sunday, November 16, 2014

Doptjänst

Hey Everyone!
  Things are going fairly well here in Växjö. This week, I suppose that the biggest point of interest was that Mia was baptized this last Saturday. Yay! I feel like there's been some other cool stuff happening too, though.
  Lets see... I feel like there wasn't too much excitement towards the beginning of the week. On Monday I suppose that we started the ward FHE again (I guess that they had stopped it when the Boyers left). It went well, we had a spiritual thought and then played some cards (a few games of spoons). All in all pretty fun. And then Tuesday we visited M and talked a little bit more about baptism and made sure we'd gone over everything. 
  On Thursday we had district meeting here, and then M had her baptismal interview. Both the meeting and the interview went well. And then after that we had branch council and then institute, and we tried to work out the Baptismal program in between. But we got it all worked out, so that's good.
  And then on Saturday we had the baptism! It went pretty well! Elder Delgado and I spoke (I spoke on baptism and Elder Delgado on the Holy Ghost), and Elder Higham performed the baptism. The next day I confirmed M in Sacrament meeting. I think that she enjoyed the baptism and confirmation; she was just beaming afterwards. So it went pretty well. We had to have the baptismal service down in Karlskrona because there's not a font here, but aside from the travel, I think everyone enjoyed it.
  We did have daylight savings about a week (or two? I don't remember) ago. It get's dark around 4 ish. Missionary work when it's dark is largely the same as when it's light. We meet people when we can, and when we can't we swing by people or tract. We get around by bike; it's really the fastest way to get across town or what have you.
  So... yeah. On Sunday evening the Ds had us and her over for dinner, which was nice. All in all it's been pretty good.
  I hope everything's good with you guys, I'll see if I can't get some pictures sent out soon.
 
 
                    We inventoried our apt. and found the Book of Mormon in 67 different languages!
                                                                   Baptism Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment