Saturday, November 22, 2014

Temple Visit

  So, it hasn't been all that long since I last wrote. I think on account of some transfers coming up this Tuesday (which don't affect me or my companion), the office told us to take P-day this week on Saturday instead of Monday. I think it's a little weird, but I guess that some people are moving on Monday, as well. So, moral of the story, I'm writing a little sooner.
  Anyways, this week has gone fairly well. In general it's been fairly routine (as in, it's been fairly similar to the other weeks so far here). On Monday we had preparation day and then ward FHE in the evening. We actually ended up watching Mobsters and Mormons. There's a lot of references to "Mormon" culture that I feel like may not have made too much sence to someone in Scandinavia, but everyone seemed to enjoy it fairly well (even the two non-members who showed up). 
  We had a fairly normal Tuesday: swingby's and such in the early afternoon and then open church and a visit with M in the evening. She's doing well, she seems to enjoy meeting with us and talking about the gospel and such, which is good. This week we went over the Plan of Salvation again. 
  On Thursday we went down to Karlskrona for district meeting. It was nice; it was fun being able to meet with the district members, and Elder Hansen gave a good lesson on Christlike attributes, sort of focusing on examples of the attributes in the Savior's life and how we can try to develop them in ours. I liked it. And then we came back and, because of train delays, didn't get back until about 5 or 6 o clock. It's nice actually being in a district with other missionaries (which isn't something I've had all that often).
  And then yesterday (Friday), we got to go to the temple in Copenhagen! It was a nice trip. I really enjoyed being able to go to the temple, it was nice being able to do service there and feel the spirit that's there. I do have a couple of pictures from the trip, but I don't actually have the right cable this time :/, so I guess I'll try to send them out sometime this week.
  Anyways, I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving! I don't know about you, but I'm planning on baking a pumpkin pie to sort of celebrate (in a little way)! 
Copenhagen Denmark Temple

No comments:

Post a Comment