Monday, November 25, 2013

District Meeting

Hey everyone!
  Things are going pretty well here in Eskilstuna. This last week has been fairly ordinary, but it's been good.
  I suppose that the day of most note would have been last Thursday for a number of reasons. First off, it was my first day being in charge of a district meeting, so I got to give a lesson (this week it was about setting goals and planning, etc.). Overall, that went well, for a first meeting. To make it a little more interesting, though, the zone leaders asked if they could come on splits that day (which thrilled me, it seems like they were just here a couple of weeks ago), so I got to have the zone leaders at my first district meeting. Yay! It actually went well, though, and afterwards I got to meet with them and go over district leader responsibilities, etc. But then, just to make things a bit more interesting, President Newell decided to come then for interviews. He doesn't really give a lot of warning (we found out an hour before he showed up), so we found ourselves in the afternoon meeting him at the train station. Though despite all of that, the day actually went well. We met with President (because he's going around interviewing everyone in the mission), and I split off with Elder Jones. 
  We ended up having a good day together. I accidentally forgot something in the apartment, and Elder Jones accidentally forgot something at the church, so we ended up not being able to do what we had originally planned on (swinging by people across town), but we did some calling, looked in the area book, and tried to visit some people closer to the apartment and the church. Actually, it was good, and we got in contact with a former investigator, which was cool. It proved to be a good day.
  Aside from that.... Things have mainly just been work as usual. We've been trying to swing by a lot of potential investigators and old investigators, as well as tracting, contacting, etc. It's been good, I suppose. 
 I'm glad to hear that everything is good with you guys. Hope you all have a fun time in Utah! 
  Love you all,
   Eli

No comments:

Post a Comment