Monday, November 18, 2013

Zone Conference

Hey everyone!
 
  It's been good to be able to hear from you all this week and everything. It sounds like things are going pretty well back home. I'm sure you've all already heard this a million times, but it's super exciting that Kimberly got her mission call to Romania. That should be a super cool experience for her; I hope she enjoys it. 
  This week has been fairly good. Earlier in the week I had my last few days with Elder Miller. They went well; we were able to visit with several of the families in the branch here and have a good time with them, and we had a good last little bit together. I really enjoyed my time working with Elder Miller, he was a super nice guy and a good friend.
  On Wednesday came transfers. Miller left at just about 8 in the morning, and I got Elder Schindler about 2 hours later. So far things have been good with him. He seems like a really nice, amiable guy and he's a very motivated, hard worker. Based on our only few days together thus far, I have a feeling it's going to be a very productive transfer; I think we'll get a lot of work done. 
  On Thursday we had some sort of a crazy zone conference thing with about half of the mission. It was actually a really pretty good conference, it was focused largely on stress management and the like (because the church just released some sort of big program on training new missionaries for managing stress, etc.). It was good though, I feel like there was some good advice given.
  Also, it was pretty fun because it was with a solid half of the mission. I don't really know why they decided to have so many zones come to each conference, but I liked it. I was able to see a lot of people I have hardly seen since the MTC and talk some with old companions, etc (actually, all but one of my previous companions were there. cool!). But it was good. 
  Aside from that, the week has been  good. We've been doing a lot of work, swinging by old investigators, tracting, etc. A lot of stuff to keep us busy, but nothing too interesting...
 
Eli

No comments:

Post a Comment