Monday, March 10, 2014

Another week/testimony

Note-This week I am including Elder Cahill's letter as well as the very inspirational testimony of the mother who lost her missionary son when he was hit by a car in Sweden two weeks ago. She is a great example to us all.

Hey Everyone!
  So not too much has happened since last time I wrote you all. The transfer went well for Elder C, he's now safely in Hagersten, so all is good there. We were able to have a pretty good last few hours together in the tri companionship (well, we did haircuts and stuff with his buzzer, so maybe not that exciting), and then he got his things together and headed off.
About last week when I went to Stockholm alone;  It was fine being alone on the train. I just sort of looked out the window, etc., so it wasn't too exciting. Actually, it was just sort of nice to be alone for once in over a year, I guess.   There was actually one person who talked to me a little in Stockholm on my way back from the conference, who actually approached me and started talking about some other church and finding Jesus. I don't think she knew I was Mormon at all, she sounded like she hadn't been in Sweden very long and was probably from Nigeria or Congo or something. Either way, it was kind of fun; I said that I was trying to help people find Jesus too.
  The rest of the week has gone fairly well. We had the Zone Leaders over (again) for exchanges on Thursday. It seems really weird that they came again after having been here two weeks ago, but I suppose that they were planning on helping us some with the tri companionship and everything while that was still the plan. But we had an okay day with them. It was essentially just the normal stuff.
  Aside from that, things have been fairly good, though pretty ordinary. We've been doing a lot of swing by's and finding work, etc., so we're hoping to be able to find new people and reestablish contact with old people who we can meet with and who may be open to the message of the Gospel. But until then, we just keep doing our thing. I hope that all is well with you guys! It sounds like there's a lot going on with Kimberly's approaching report date for the MTC and everything that's happening. I hope that you all have a great week!

                                                                    Haircut time! 
 
 
A message from Elder B's Mother
 
My heart is so full this morning, and I have profound peace and clarity. Whilst we miss our Dear Mason, I know that he lives and is still carrying on his Heavenly Father's great work, that he truly truly loved us and so so so many of you, and that he is in complete light, joy, and understanding, and that he wants us to be our very best and rejoice in the gift and truth that we as LDS members know! I am so very honored to have been his mother and have loved and raised him for so many of his very short years here with us. He was amazing to me as well in so many ways. I marveled at his gift of working so hard and yet having a blast at whatever work it was! He laughed ALWAYS! I have always felt our HF has a great sense of humor and he is amused at many things like us, and that laughter brings joy and health! Mason shows us that laughing and loving with those around us is PURE and GOOD! He was so, so good, and laughed and smiled nearly all the minutes of his short and influential life with us here. THANK YOU TO ALL who REACHED OUT or SHARED...you have stunned and comforted us with your compassion and support. Mason LOVED his Savior and couldn't wait to meet and hug him one day! Let us all try to keep the resolve to do our best as well, that we are inspired to do by Mason's example at this time.

Here is a link to the local newspaper article in Sweden that covered the Memorial Service that was held for Elder Bailey last Sunday. Hope you know Swedish!
http://vlt.se/nyheter/vasteras/1.2411480-mormoner-tog-avsked-av-forolyckade-van
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment