Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Landskrona

Hey everyone!
  The last week or so has been pretty good! Everything went well with the transfers, and I'm now settled in to my new home, which is actually not Helsingborg like I thought it would be. I'm in Landskrona, which is a fairly small town. There's a lot of older architecture and such, lots of older looking buildings and a cool castle (which I haven't actually visited yet). My companion is Elder Noso; he's from Finland. There are only four missionaries here (I thought there would be more because it's a bigger city, but I guess not), though the other pair are the zone leaders. I'm in a ward, I guess that there's about 80 people or so on a normal Sunday (there was a bit more yesterday because of ward conference).
 There's also a lot of really great people here. I'd say that the majority of them are from the middle east (there's a lot of people from Albania and Serbia, etc), so it's been interesting meeting them, but they've all been super nice and willing to at least chat for a little while. I'd say that most of our investigators are middle eastern. The members here are also really nice; several of the members have invited us over for pancakes, meatballs, etc. There's one family, the M's, who invited us over for pancakes, but we didn't actually have a lot of time, so we came by and said that we could only stay for about 15 minutes or so. But K, the father, was set on making us pancakes or a cake or something, so he disappeared into the kitchen and, about 15 minutes later, came out with this giant cake, probably about 2 to 3 feet across (it was mostly whipped cream, but it was still impressive!). And there were pancakes in the middle! It was really funny, though we could only eat a little bit of it (literally). Overall, it's been good getting to know the investigators and members here. We've also had some pretty good meetings with the investigators and potential investigators, and it's all in all been pretty good so far. I'm looking forward to my time here.
 Hope all is well in the States!
 
Here are some pictures taken my last few days in Karlstad. And the cake!
 


The infamous cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment