Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Transfers Galore/Prayers for Baileys

Hey Everyone!
  Things are going well here in Karlstad. The last week has been pretty interesting.
  Monday and Tuesday were pretty ordinary, though on Wednesday I went to a conference in Stockholm for leaders in the mission. That went really well, it was a good conference focusing a lot on sort of tying together different parts of missionary work (so having our finding, teaching, etc. work together). It was a good meeting, and I also got to meet a lot of the people who were came to Sweden with me (i.e. were in the MTC with me) and I haven't met a lot since I got here. It was also kind of weird because I was just sort of given train tickets and told to go to the conference, so I was on my own for a few hours on the way to and back from the meeting. Interesting experience. But it went well.
  On Wednesday we also got a new companion (making three of us here in Karlstad), Elder Bodine. He's a really cool guy from New York. He loves adventure time, so the three of us (Elder Christensen is also apparently a big fan) have been quoting it pretty much non stop since Wednesday. Good fun. He's also a crazy good musician, which is cool.
  On a similar note, we actually just got a call today telling us that Elder Christensen will be transferring to Hagersten, in Stockholm. It's kind of weird because we thought that the three of us would be working together for about another month or so. But he's heading out now, so it will just be two again in Karlstad. 
  Also, as I'm sure you know, the Bailey family could use your prayers. They're going through a hard time now.
  Good to hear from you all! Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment