Monday, January 6, 2014

New Year/New Area

Hey Everyone!
  So, it's P day again. Not too much has happened since last I wrote (about 4 days ago), but things are still going good here. We've been doing a lot of organizing and such in the area, which has been good, so we should be able to find people and such effectively soon. We just organized all the information on a spreadsheet, and that took quite a bit of time. But all of the papers were more or less in their places.
 It's a bit interesting, because Elder Christensen has only been here for about a week longer than I, and that was over Christmas, so he didn't meet that many people, so neither of us really know anyone here. So it'll be fun trying to meet people. The branch is good; I'm sure they'll be willing to help teach people if we have appointments.  I've been able to bear my testimony and bless the sacrament in the new area.I think I'm in the Göteborg zone, but I'm not really sure. I don't know where we'll be having zone meetings, but I'll find out in two weeks, I think.
  Aside from that... On Saturday we went to visit one of the members here. Her name is I, she's a super nice, old Swedish lady. She invited us over, gave us lunch (sandwiches), and then we helped her move a TV that she was getting from a friend of hers. It was nice to be able to help out, and she was very nice. We also visited someone who the senior couple knows here (well, in a city near here), who apparently helped to translate when the missionaries were teaching another investigator. Either way, it was a decent lesson; she seemed kind of interested in learning more about the church. We're planning on going back later this week.
  And... on Sunday we had church. The branch here seems pretty nice, they all seem like good people. It should be good trying to serve with them.
 
Here are some pictures from my last area Eskilstuna-
 
                   Christmas Tree and Elder Schindler-Thanks to everyone who sent decorations!
                                                             Eskilstuna at night
                                                    A memorial in a cemetery
                                                        A cool family from our branch!

No comments:

Post a Comment